A flavorful and colorful vegetable soup that is anything but boring! Get more veggies in your diet with this healthy and tasty soup.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 10 garlic cloves
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 cup frozen lima beans
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- Heat oil in a pan on the stove. Add in the shallot and saute for 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, peppers, corn, celery, carrots, zucchini, lima beans, chickpeas, salt, pepper, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder and coriander to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Add in the spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
For a lower sodium version don’t add in the salt and use a low sodium vegetable broth.
Leftovers stay good in the fridge for up to a week. This soup can be frozen although some of the vegetables will be a little mushy when reheated (like the zucchini and peppers).
I used a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American