Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops–thin sirloin pork chops cooked in the pressure cooker until tender and topped with a savory sauce and bacon crumbles.
Click here for the SLOW COOKER version of this recipe
Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops
Today’s recipe is an adaptation from my favorite crockpot pork chops recipe. I wanted to see how it would fare in the pressure cooker. After reading around the internet I found that for thin pork chops you really only need to set the Instant Pot for 1 minute. Yes, just one minute. I know, it’s crazy. And then it’s imperative to let the pressure release on it’s own for about 10 minutes. This is so the meat isn’t zapped of all it’s moisture. It worked really nicely and my family loved this dinner. We served the Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops with baked potatoes and salad.
You’ll start this recipe by cooking up some bacon in the Instant Pot using the sauté function. Then you’ll use some of the bacon grease to sauté some diced onion and garlic. Then you’ll pile in the rest of the ingredients and the pork chops. I used thin boneless sirloin pork chops. Cook for one minute and let the pressure release naturally. Finally you’ll thicken up the sauce with some cornstarch and serve. The total time that the pork chops are in the Instant Pot is around 20 minutes (5-10 minutes to come to pressure, 1 minutes of cooking time, 10 minutes to release the pressure).
You might also like
Instant Pot Mushroom Pork Chops from Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Hot and Sweet Orange Pulled Pork from Perry’s Plate
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Smothered Pork Chops recipe I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
- 4 strips of bacon, uncooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless thin sirloin pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Fry the bacon in the bottom of the Instant Pot until crispy. Remove the bacon and place on top of a couple paper towels and press the paper towels over the bacon to absorb the grease.
- Drain all but 1 tsp of the bacon grease out of the Instant Pot. Sauté the onion in the bacon grease and when onions are almost translucent add in the garlic and sauté it as well.
- Add in thyme, brown sugar, chicken broth, soy sauce and stir.
- Nestle the pork chops into the Instant Pot and lightly salt and pepper the pork chops.
- Cover the pot and press manual and set the timer to 1 minute. After the pressure cooker beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and place the pork chops onto a platter. Loosely tent the pork chops with foil. Add the vinegar into the pressure cooker. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water in a small bowl. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the sauce in the pressure cooker. The sauce will thicken up almost instantly.
- Crumble the bacon that you cooked earlier. Place the pork chops on a platter. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops and then top with crumbled bacon.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 1016 mg
- Fat: 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1 g
- Protein: 30.7 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!