- 4 strips of bacon, uncooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless thin sirloin pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté. Fry the bacon in the bottom of the Instant Pot until crispy. Remove the bacon and place on top of a couple paper towels and press the paper towels over the bacon to absorb the grease.
- Drain all but 1 tsp of the bacon grease out of the Instant Pot. Sauté the onion in the bacon grease and when onions are almost translucent add in the garlic and sauté it as well.
- Add in thyme, brown sugar, chicken broth, soy sauce and stir.
- Nestle the pork chops into the Instant Pot and lightly salt and pepper the pork chops.
- Cover the pot and press manual and set the timer to 1 minute. After the pressure cooker beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and place the pork chops onto a platter. Loosely tent the pork chops with foil. Add the vinegar into the pressure cooker. Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water in a small bowl. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the sauce in the pressure cooker. The sauce will thicken up almost instantly.
- Crumble the bacon that you cooked earlier. Place the pork chops on a platter. Spoon the sauce over the pork chops and then top with crumbled bacon.
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 1016 mg
- Fat: 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.1 g
- Protein: 30.7 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg