Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta—spaghetti, lemon juice, garlic buttery sauce and tender bites of shrimp all tossed together to create a flavorful dinner that will impress your friends. The secret is that it doesn’t take hardly any effort at all!
Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta
This was one of those meals that my kids and I LOVED (unfortunately Greg is allergic to shrimp so he could not partake). The flavor is so poppin’ even with just a few ingredients. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
A few notes about the recipe:
- Use frozen shrimp or else they will get overcooked. Even though the recipe only uses a 1 minute pressure cook time it’s still too much time for fresh shrimp. I bought a bag of frozen, peeled, de-veined shrimp at Winco that worked perfectly.
- Don’t skip the lemon zest. Although it is only a teaspoon or less of zest it adds a lot of flavor. I use a small grater* to grate the lemon peel. You can also use a microplane*.
- Use spaghetti or angel hair. Because the timing with the delicate shrimp is very important with this recipe spaghetti is the pasta you will need to use. The thin strands of spaghetti noodles cook in the same time the shrimp need to cook.
- Criss cross the pasta. To avoid clumping criss cross the spaghetti noodles instead of laying them all one way.
What Should I Serve with Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi Pasta?
Garlic bread or garlic Texas toast are good choices. A green dinner salad on the side completes the meal.
More Instant Pot Seafood Recipes You’ll Love…
- Instant Pot Crab Dip
- Instant Pot Fish Tacos
- Instant Pot Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon with Homestyle Vegetables
- Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits
- Easy Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Instant Pot Tuna Casserole
- Instant Pot Cajun Sausage and Shrimp Pasta
- Instant Pot Clam Chowder
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice
Spaghetti, lemon juice, garlic buttery sauce and tender bites of shrimp all tossed together to create a flavorful dinner that will impress your friends. The secret is that it doesn’t take hardly any effort at all!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 pound frozen peeled, deveined, tails off shrimp
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and melt. Add in the olive oil. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 60 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- While broth is heating add in the lemon juice and zest, cayenne, kosher salt, pepper. Once broth comes to a boil turn off the pot.
- Add half of the spaghetti in one direction and then the other half of the spaghetti in a criss cross pattern.
- Dump the shrimp on top of the spaghetti.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute.
- Once the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting to release remaining pressure.
- Toss the pasta to evenly coat it with the sauce. If you want you can thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry. Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Add in the green onions. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Shrimp
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.