Spaghetti, lemon juice, garlic buttery sauce and tender bites of shrimp all tossed together to create a flavorful dinner that will impress your friends. The secret is that it doesn’t take hardly any effort at all!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 pound frozen peeled, deveined, tails off shrimp
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and melt. Add in the olive oil. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 60 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- While broth is heating add in the lemon juice and zest, cayenne, kosher salt, pepper. Once broth comes to a boil turn off the pot.
- Add half of the spaghetti in one direction and then the other half of the spaghetti in a criss cross pattern.
- Dump the shrimp on top of the spaghetti.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute.
- Once the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting to release remaining pressure.
- Toss the pasta to evenly coat it with the sauce. If you want you can thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry. Turn your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. In a small bowl stir together 1 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1-2 Tbsp of water, until smooth. Then pour the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch mixture will thicken up contents of pot quickly.
- Add in the green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 or 3 quart pot with no changes.
Use frozen shrimp or they will overcook.
- Category: Shrimp
- Method: Instant Pot