Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice–frozen salmon fillets are thrown into your electric pressure cooker with some rice and cooked until flaky. This is such an easy and fast way to make salmon. Serve your salmon and rice with veggies and you have a complete meal.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice
Salmon is such a great summer meal. It’s fast and easy to make and you can pair it with corn on the cob or whatever other summer produce you have lying around. Whenever I make salmon my family always squeals with delight. Plus it’s so healthy for you!
This is a fun way to make salmon because you can cook some rice at the same time and in the same pot. This makes an easy one pot meal that keeps your kitchen cool.
If you don’t want to make the rice you don’t have to. You can leave it out and just cook the salmon by itself. When I do this, I place my salmon on top of a trivet* and it steams in the pressure cooker.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Frozen salmon fillets are thrown into your electric pressure cooker with some rice and cooked until flaky. This is such an easy and fast way to make salmon. Serve your salmon and rice with veggies and you have a complete meal.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 4 (6 oz) frozen salmon fillets
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp minced ginger (fresh)
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pour water into Instant Pot. Rinse the rice and then add in the jasmine rice. Place frozen salmon fillets on top of the rice in just one layer, if possible.
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and sesame oil. Spoon all but one tablespoon of the mixture evenly over each of the salmon fillets. Save the last tablespoon for later.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 4 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Drizzle the rest of the sauce over the salmon fillets. Gently scoop the salmon and rice onto serving plates. Eat and enjoy.
If you don’t want rice you can just add a cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot and then place the salmon on top of a trivet.
To make gluten free: Replace soy sauce with Tamari sauce that is labeled as gluten-free.
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Instant Pot
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 521
- Sugar: 6 g
- Sodium: 575 mg
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Protein: 38 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.