Instant Pot Santa’s Soup–a hearty red and green soup to keep the big fella going all season long! This soup has a delicious broth, Italian sausage, pasta and vegetables.
Instant Pot Santa’s Soup
This is a great soup for fueling Mr. and Mrs. Claus this Christmas season. It’s got such great flavor, thanks to the Italian sausage. It comes together quickly…just grab all the ingredients and peel and slice the carrots as the sausage browns. You can use basically whatever pasta you have on hand.
- Ground Italian sausage–I used mild, but you can also use spicy
- Onion–or 2 Tbsp minced dry onion
- Beef broth–or water and Better than Bouillon Beef Base
- Italian seasoning–or you can make your own
- Garlic powder
- Fire roasted tomatoes–these add more flavor but you can also use regular diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Green bell pepper–or another color of bell pepper
- Ziti–or another type of pasta like penne, macaroni, rotini, etc.
- Parmesan cheese–for topping the soup
The Basic Steps
- Brown the sausage using the saute setting.
- Deglaze the pot with broth.
- Add in the ingredients.
- Pressure cook using the soup button (I like this for soups since it keeps the broth clear).
- Ladle into bowls and serve with parmesan cheese.
- Serve with French bread or homemade crazy bread.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot or halve the recipe in a 3 quart pot.
- If you’d like to make this gluten free then cook gluten free pasta separately and add it into each individual bowl.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with ziti are Instant Pot Ziti And Meatballs and Having Company Casserole.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes…
A family favorite soup with loads of flavor from sausage, cheese tortellini and parmesan. Serve up with fresh breadsticks or cornbread and honey butter.
Instant Pot Working Mom’s Soup
The easiest dump and go soup that takes minimal effort and minimal time! Chicken, vegetables and macaroni make up this busy weeknight soup.
Instant Pot Smoky Mountain Soup
A soup with shredded pork and vegetables in a sweet and savory broth.
Instant Pot Knock Your Socks Off Soup
It’s similar to but better than Olive Garden’s zuppa toscana soup. You can make it so quickly in your Instant Pot!
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.Print
Instant Pot Santa’s Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
A hearty red and green soup to keep the big fella going all season long! This soup has a delicious broth, Italian sausage, pasta and vegetables.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 8 oz ziti (or another type of pasta like penne)
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Add in the onion. Brown for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Keep the pot on the saute setting and let the broth start to warm up while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the carrots, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper and pasta.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Leave a Reply