A hearty red and green soup to keep the big fella going all season long! This soup has a delicious broth, Italian sausage, pasta and vegetables.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 (14.5 oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 8 oz ziti (or another type of pasta like penne)
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Add in the onion. Brown for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Keep the pot on the saute setting and let the broth start to warm up while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the carrots, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper and pasta.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Ladle into bowls and top with parmesan cheese.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot