Time saving, inexpensive hamburger and macaroni casserole that feeds a crowd or a congregation.
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ¾ cups beef or chicken broth
- 8 oz uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10.75 oz) can Campbell’s condensed tomato soup (or 8 ounces tomato sauce, 1 Tbsp sugar, ½ tsp teaspoon salt, 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (you can also use shredded cheddar)
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the beef and break it up. Add in the onion and celery. Let the beef brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir in the chili powder, seasoned salt and garlic powder. Add in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Cancel the sauté setting.
- Sprinkle the macaroni into the pot over the broth and meat. Dump the tomato soup on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Sprinkle the cheese on top and serve. (You can also pour the mixture into a square baking dish and sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes at 350° F.)
Double this recipe to serve a larger group. Double all ingredients and keep the same pressure cooking time.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot