Instant Pot Polish Meatballs with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce—a creamy delectable mushroom sauce covers well seasoned and tender meatballs. Made in your Instant Pot for an easy hands-off meal.
Related: SLOW COOKER Polish Meatballs with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce recipe
Instant Pot Polish Meatballs with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce
If you’re a fan of mushrooms you’re going to love this dish! I could have licked my plate to get all the sauce into my mouth. And the meatballs were seasoned well and tasted so flavorful.
Watch this video!
I made 8 large meatballs out of 20 ounces of ground pork. You can make your meatballs half as large, if you want. The meatballs will cook a bit quicker the smaller they are. If you make 16 small meatballs I would cook for 15 minutes instead of 20, plus the 10 minute natural pressure release.
I chose to use the pot-in-pot method for this recipe. The reason? I think that the meatballs hold together better when cooked in a separate pan than when they are in the broth in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
I used 20 ounces of ground pork for this recipe. But you can use half ground beef and half ground pork if you’d rather. I would also think that using half ground turkey or ground chicken would work very well also.
I served the meatballs and sauce over some leftover cooked red potatoes that I had in the fridge but you can serve over hot cooked eggs noodles or rice, if desired. If trying to cut carbs you can serve this over riced cauliflower.
What Equipment Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Polish Meatballs with Sour Cream Mushroom Sauce I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
I used my OXO Trivet/Sling* to lower the pan on top of the mushrooms. I love this trivet, it’s made of silicone and is dishwasher safe.
I used my Fat Daddios 7 inch by 3 inch* cake pan for the pot in pot method. It comes in hand for lots of pot-in-pot recipes.
You’ll also love these Instant Pot recipes…
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops–tasty pork chops with hardly any ingredients. The creamy sauce tastes amazing! This recipe is low carb and gluten free.
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Rice Dinner–a simple chicken and rice dinner with carrots and spinach.
Instant Pot Dijon Chicken–tender bites of bone-in chicken thighs and mushrooms are covered in a dijon, lemon and tarragon sauce.
A creamy delectable mushroom sauce covers well seasoned and tender meatballs. Made in your Instant Pot for an easy hands-off meal.
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the meatballs:
- 1 ¼ pounds (20 oz) ground pork
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around until it is melted. Add in the onion and the mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking prepare the meatballs. In a bowl use clean or gloved hands to mix the ground pork, onion powder, egg, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and milk. Form into meatballs, about ¼ cup each. Place the meatballs in a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot. I used this Fat Daddios* Pan. Set the pan aside.
- After onions are soft and mushrooms are browned add the beef broth and worcestershire sauce into the Instant Pot and deglaze the pot.
- Place the pan with meatballs on top of a trivet and lower the trivet* into the Instant Pot on top of the onions.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Pull the pan with meatballs out of the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Temper the sour cream by adding 1 Tbsp of the mushroom/broth at a time into the sour cream and whisking. Do a total of 4 Tbsp. Then pour the sour cream into the Instant Pot. Thicken your sauce by turning your Instant Pot to saute and then stirring the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the Instant Pot. The sauce will thicken very quickly. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Serve the meatballs with sauce on top. You can serve with potatoes, noodles or rice, if desired.
You can do a combination of lean ground beef and lean ground pork instead of all pork if desired.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Polish
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.