Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops—tasty pork chops with hardly any ingredients. The creamy sauce tastes amazing! This recipe is low carb and gluten free.
Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
This is such an easy recipe that doesn’t require sauteing or browning. The sauce is so creamy and delicious that I couldn’t stop eating it! I served these pork chops and sauce with baked potatoes and broccoli. If you are trying to eat low carb a good option would be to serve these pork chops with cauliflower rice.
I picked up “rib eye chops” at the grocery store that were fairly thin. They were about a ½ inch thick. Remember that with pressure cooking you’re going to choose your cooking time of meats based on the thickness. Because my chops were thin I only used a 3 minute cooking time. Also they were lean so that required a shorter cooking time as well.
If you can’t find rib eye chops then you can use pork loin chops instead. You can also use blade chops. If you use blade chops then you’ll probably want to increase the cooking time to 6-8 minutes. They have more fat and collagen so they take longer to break down. Remember to always use a natural pressure release for pork chops.
More Awesome Instant Pot Pork Recipes…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Tasty pork chops with hardly any ingredients. The creamy sauce tastes amazing! This recipe is low carb and gluten free.
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of boneless pork chops (between 1/2 inch thick to 3/4 inch thick)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper the pork chops and sprinkle them evenly with onion powder. Pour the worcestershire sauce over the pork chops evenly and rub it into the chops.
- Add the broth into the Instant Pot. Place the pork chops into the Instant Pot as evenly as possible.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Move the pork chops to a platter.
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. In a small bowl stir the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl stir about ¼ cup of the liquid mixture in the Instant Pot into the sour cream to temper it so that it doesn’t curdle. Add the sour cream into the pot. Stir until smooth. Stir in the parsley. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste. Once the sauce is thickened, turn off the Instant Pot.
- Serve the sauce over the top of the pork chops.
This can be a low carb recipe. Just leave out the cornstarch slurry.
To make gluten free just make sure your Worcestershire sauce is gluten free.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.