A creamy delectable mushroom sauce covers well seasoned and tender meatballs. Made in your Instant Pot for an easy hands-off meal.
For the sauce:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the meatballs:
- 1 1/4 pounds (20 oz) ground pork
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around until it is melted. Add in the onion and the mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes.
- While the onions are cooking prepare the meatballs. In a bowl use clean or gloved hands to mix the ground pork, onion powder, egg, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and milk. Form into meatballs, about ¼ cup each. Place the meatballs in a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot. I used this Fat Daddios* Pan. Set the pan aside.
- After onions are soft and mushrooms are browned add the beef broth and worcestershire sauce into the Instant Pot and deglaze the pot.
- Place the pan with meatballs on top of a trivet and lower the trivet* into the Instant Pot on top of the onions.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 20 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Pull the pan with meatballs out of the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Temper the sour cream by adding 1 Tbsp of the mushroom/broth at a time into the sour cream and whisking. Do a total of 4 Tbsp. Then pour the sour cream into the Instant Pot. Thicken your sauce by turning your Instant Pot to saute and then stirring the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the Instant Pot. The sauce will thicken very quickly. Salt and pepper the sauce to taste.
- Serve the meatballs with sauce on top. You can serve with potatoes, noodles or rice, if desired.
You can do a combination of lean ground beef and lean ground pork instead of all pork if desired.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Polish