This cornbread chicken casserole is so good that my husband said “it’s straight out of heaven!” It’s got chicken, vegetables and cornbread stuffing. It comes together so quickly and only has a 1 minute pressure cook time in the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Cornbread Chicken Casserole
If you’re looking for a one pot meal that you can have ready in less than 30 minutes try out this recipe! You’ll need just a little bit of prep time to chop vegetables and then you are home free. My family loved this stuffing chicken casserole, especially Greg! He is the biggest fan of stuffing. If you’re like Greg try out this recipe this week.
- Butter–to saute the vegetables
- Carrots–peeled and sliced
- Celery–sliced or diced
- Chicken broth–or water and Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- Cooked and chopped chicken–I used rotisserie chicken from Costco
- Spinach–coarsely chopped
- Stovetop cornbread stuffing mix–you can also use chicken or turkey stuffing mix
- Saute vegetables: Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the carrots, celery and onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pot: Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Layer in ingredients: Add in the chicken and spinach. Sprinkle the stuffing mix on top, do not stir.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move the valve to venting.
- Serve: Stir well. Scoop onto plates and serve.
- This was an all in one pot meal for us! But you can serve a dinner roll or salad on the side.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Other recipes you can make with spinach: Instant Pot Spinach And Ravioli Lasagna and Instant Pot Spinach Mushroom Pesto Pasta
5 More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes to Try…
Grandma Kay’s Enchiladas (Instant Pot, Crockpot or Oven)
Grandma Kay’s Enchiladas can be made in the Instant Pot, Crockpot or Oven. They are filled with chicken and green chiles and then smothered in a creamy and cheesy green chile enchilada sauce.
Instant Pot Amish Chicken Casserole
An easy chicken, stuffing and vegetable casserole. Make it fast in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Chicken Spectacular
A simple but delicious meal of chicken, rice and vegetables. Make it quickly in your Instant Pot.
Southern Chicken Casserole
Instant Pot Southern Chicken Casserole is comfort food! This is an easy dump and go recipe with chicken and vegetables in a creamy sauce. Serve over biscuits for a chicken pot pie type of meal.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced or diced
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked and chopped chicken (I used rotisserie)
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 (6 oz) package Stovetop cornbread stuffing mix
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the carrots, celery and onion. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in the chicken and spinach. Sprinkle the stuffing mix on top, do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time is up move the valve to venting.
- Stir well. Scoop onto plates and serve.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.