Chicken with a sour cream, bacon and cheddar sauce served over rice.
For the chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp freeze dried chives or 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or almonds)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
For the rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups converted or long grain white rice
- In a mixing bowl stir together the sour cream, bacon, cheese, mayo, garlic, chives, tabasco, pecans, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in the chicken. Add the mixture into a pot in pot dish.
- Pour the water and rice into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place a tall trivet into the Instant Pot over the rice. Place the pot in pot dish on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the rice. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot