Instant Pot Greek Lemon Dill Chicken Bowls–sliced chicken with a dijon mustard lemon dill flavor made quickly in your Instant Pot. Then it’s served with lemon rice, yogurt-cucumber dressing and other Greek flavors. A bright and fresh dinner that everyone will love.
Instant Pot Greek Lemon Dill Chicken Bowls
There is a new Greek restaurant near where I live. It’s called Santorinis Greek Grill and it’s my new favorite place. I went there the other day for my birthday and had a gyro with all the fixings. YUM! I was inspired by my experience to create a Greek-inspired recipe.
If you’re familiar with Cafe Rio you probably have made the homemade versions of their recipes. They are perfect for a large get together because you can assign someone to make the chicken or pork, another person to make the dressing and someone else to bring the rice and beans. These Instant Pot Greek lemon dill chicken bowls could be the new Cafe Rio potluck dinner. Assign one person to make the chicken, another to bring the lemon rice, and others to bring the numerous other topping ideas like tzatziki sauce, cucumbers, olives, lettuce, chickpeas and pepperocinis.
These bowls are the perfect spring/summer recipe. There is so much freshness and the flavors are bright. You can make homemade tzatziki sauce (yogurt cucumber dressing) and Instant Pot lemon rice to serve with your chicken and it is a terrific dinner. If you’re a fan of Greek flavors you will love these bowls!
More Greek-inspired Recipes You’ll Love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Greek Lemon Dill Chicken Bowls I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Sliced chicken with a dijon mustard lemon dill flavor made quickly in your Instant Pot. Then it’s served with lemon rice, yogurt-cucumber dressing and other Greek flavors. A bright and fresh dinner that everyone will love.
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large fresh or frozen chicken breasts (about 1 ½ pounds)
- Bowl ideas: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, diced red peppers, pita chips, lemon rice, diced red onions, pepperocinis, kalamata olives, grated carrots, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, tzatziki sauce, hummus
- In a bowl whisk together the lemon juice, zest, dijon, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, dill and olive oil. Set aside 3 Tbsp of the mixture to use now and then refrigerate the rest for later.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water in the Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Place the chicken on top of the trivet. Drizzle the 3 Tbsp of lemon mixture over the chicken or use a basting brush to paint it on the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for fresh chicken or 18 minutes for frozen chicken (if you’re using smaller chicken breasts you can reduce the cooking time to 12 minutes). When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Check chicken for doneness. Use tongs to place the chicken on a cutting board.
- Dump the water out of the Instant Pot. Slice the chicken into pieces. Then add the chicken pieces back into the pot. Dump the reserved lemon dressing over the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Prepare your bowl ingredients. Let every person decide for themselves what they want in their Greek bowl. Eat and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make homemade Tzatziki sauce: Stir together 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used full fat yogurt for optimal taste), 1 peeled, seeded and diced cucumber, 1 Tbsp dried dill, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder (sometimes I use fresh minced garlic). Then salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe for Instant Pot lemon rice One reader said she made her lemon rice pot in pot and it worked great.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Greek
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.