Sliced chicken with a dijon mustard lemon dill flavor made quickly in your Instant Pot. Then it’s served with lemon rice, yogurt-cucumber dressing and other Greek flavors. A bright and fresh dinner that everyone will love.
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large fresh or frozen chicken breasts (about 1 ½ pounds)
- Bowl ideas: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced cucumbers, diced red peppers, pita chips, lemon rice, diced red onions, pepperocinis, kalamata olives, grated carrots, garbanzo beans, feta cheese, tzatziki sauce, hummus
- In a bowl whisk together the lemon juice, zest, dijon, honey, garlic, salt, pepper, dill and olive oil. Set aside 3 Tbsp of the mixture to use now and then refrigerate the rest for later.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water in the Instant Pot. Place a trivet in the bottom of the pot. Place the chicken on top of the trivet. Drizzle the 3 Tbsp of lemon mixture over the chicken or use a basting brush to paint it on the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for fresh chicken or 18 minutes for frozen chicken (if you’re using smaller chicken breasts you can reduce the cooking time to 12 minutes). When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Check chicken for doneness. Use tongs to place the chicken on a cutting board.
- Dump the water out of the Instant Pot. Slice the chicken into pieces. Then add the chicken pieces back into the pot. Dump the reserved lemon dressing over the chicken pieces and toss to coat.
- Prepare your bowl ingredients. Let every person decide for themselves what they want in their Greek bowl. Eat and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make homemade Tzatziki sauce: Stir together 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used full fat yogurt for optimal taste), 1 peeled, seeded and diced cucumber, 1 Tbsp dried dill, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder (sometimes I use fresh minced garlic). Then salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe for Instant Pot lemon rice One reader said she made her lemon rice pot in pot and it worked great.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Greek