Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Risotto–creamy garlic parmesan rice with no stirring or babysitting! A perfect side dish.
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Risotto
Risotto is the most creamy rice ever! If you’ve never had it you must try it stat. And if you have made it before on the stove you know how laborious it is. Stir stir stir. Ugh. Don’t fret though. With the Instant Pot you can make delicious risotto with hardly any hands-on time and effort. This version of risotto has garlic and parmesan and it’s a perfect side dish (or main dish if you’re like me).
- You’ll want to use arborio rice. It’s the key to making risotto. Don’t try to substitute with another type of rice. It won’t get the creamy texture. I like to buy my arborio rice in the bulk section at Winco.
- Try adding chicken in with the rice. You can lay thawed chicken tenders, breasts or thighs on top of the rice and they should cook at the same rate as the rice as long as they aren’t super thick. You can also stir in cooked rotisserie chicken to make it more of a meal.
- Stirring in peas or broccoli with the risotto would be a colorful addition. I would cook peas separately and then stir them in after the pressure cooking time is up.
- Try adding in chopped mushrooms in with the rice. You can saute them beforehand or add them in raw.
- I used a 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in the 8 quart or 3 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Loosen up leftovers by stirring in a little more broth.
More Rice Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
Creamy garlic parmesan rice with no stirring or babysitting! A perfect side dish.
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When displays says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the onions and saute for 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the rice and toss in with the onions and garlic.
- Pour in 1 cup of the broth and stir for 2–3 minutes until it is absorbed by the rice. Scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Add in remaining broth, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.