Instant Pot Mexican Sour Cream Rice–a super fast, easy and flavorful rice dish with green chiles, corn and sour cream. Dump everything into the Instant Pot and walk away!
Instant Pot Mexican Sour Cream Rice
This might be my most favorite side dish ever! Mmmm mmm! This rice is so flavorful. And the best thing about it is that it’s soooo easy to make too. It only has a 3 minute pressure cook time too!
- This rice is perfect served with your grilled meats like steak, chicken or pork chops.
- Another idea is to try serving this wrapped up with beans in a tortilla like a burrito.
- If you have fresh lime on hand try squeezing a little lime on each serving.
- I use mild diced green chiles but if you like food more spicy try using a medium or hot variety.
- You can use canned corn or frozen corn. Keep the same cooking time.
- If you’d like to add chicken into the pot with the rice you can. Cut up the chicken into bite-size pieces. It can be raw chicken or cooked chicken.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled in your 6 or 8 quart pot. Increase the ingredients and keep the same cooking time.
- Try making this rice with any type of rice that you like. Just use the cooking times chart and the liquid to rice ratios in the green chart below.
More Rice Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Love…
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
A super fast, easy and flavorful rice dish with green chiles, corn and sour cream. Dump everything into the Instant Pot and walk away!
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white or jasmine rice
- 1 (7 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (14.5 oz) can corn, drained
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Pour broth into the Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Dump in the green chiles and corn.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the salt, pepper and sour cream.
- Serve and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes (plus 5 minute NPR)
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.