Instant Pot Fried Chicken Rice—you may have seen Japan’s rice cooker hack of adding a piece of KFC fried chicken in with your rice for lots of fried chicken flavor. Now you can make this viral sensation in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Fried Chicken Rice
Each week I share something Instant Pot on YouTube. Subscribe to my YouTube channel to see the videos each week!
Today I shared how to make this fun Instant Pot KFC Rice recipe. The “recipe” really isn’t a recipe at all. It’s just adding rice, water/broth, soy sauce and one piece of fried chicken to your Instant Pot. After the rice is cooked you’ll scrape all the meat off of the bone and stir it in with the rice.
The piece of fried chicken gives the whole pot of rice a great flavor. If you want to get really crazy add in two pieces of chicken 😜 . This rice side dish is great with steamed veggies.
What type of rice can I use? In the video I used brown rice. However you definitely can use other types of rice. Just follow the cooking times and rice to liquid ratios in this green chart:
Try these other rice dishes in your Instant Pot…
Instant Pot Fried Rice–Liz said, “this was a complete triumph – thank you so much! We’ll be enjoying this dish again and again!”
Instant Pot Chili Cheese Rice–PJ said, “Just made this tonight. It was delicious and very simple to make.”
Instant Pot Lemon Rice–Catherine said, “It was delicious and perfectly cooked. I’ll keep this recipe for home and future community dinners.”
You may have seen Japan’s rice cooker hack of adding a piece of KFC fried chicken in with your rice for lots of fried chicken flavor. Now you can make this viral sensation in your Instant Pot.
- 2 cups uncooked rice (you choose which rice you want to use)
- 2–3 cups broth or water (Liquid amount is dependent on which type of rice you use. See the green chart.)
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 fried chicken drumstick
- Add rice, liquid, soy sauce and chicken to Instant Pot.
- Cover pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to the amount of time specified in the green chart. Follow the pressure release instructions in the chart as well.
- Remove the lid. Remove any meat and skin from the chicken that you can and stir into the rice. Discard the bone. Salt and pepper to taste.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.