Instant Pot Garlic Lime Chicken is a dump and go recipe with only 7 ingredients but lots of flavor. Make the chicken, sauce and rice all at the same time in the same pot.
Instant Pot Garlic Lime Chicken
I’ve had garlic lime chicken on my site for maybe 10 years as a slow cooker recipe and decided to try it out in the Instant Pot. It was a match made in heaven and reminded me of Instant Pot adobo chicken a bit. I decided at the last minute to make pot-in-pot brown rice to cook alongside the chicken. The rice and chicken were both perfectly cooked using a 22 minute pressure cooking time.
Most of the time we serve the chicken and sauce over rice but if you want you can serve with some Asian noodles or some steamed broccoli or green beans.
For this particular recipe I really like bone-in chicken thighs. I remove the skin before adding it into the pot (a personal preference). Boneless skinless chicken thighs will also work very well. Another choice is chicken drumsticks. Personally I would not make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken breasts as it will not be as moist and tender. However if you choose to make it with breasts I would cut the chicken breasts into the size of chicken tenderloins and use only a 5 minutes cooking time with a 5-10 minute natural pressure release (rice wouldn’t be able to be cooked at the same time using this shorter cooking time).
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.
A dump and go recipe with only 7 ingredients but lots of flavor. Make the chicken, sauce and rice all at the same time in the same pot.
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire, garlic, dry mustard and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. (For pot in pot rice see note below)
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place chicken pieces on a platter. Turn Instant Pot to saute mode. Let the sauce simmer and reduce for 5 minutes to intensify flavors (I didn’t stir, I just set a timer and walked away). Turn off saute mode. Add chicken back in with the sauce and stir to coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice, noodles or broccoli.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
For gluten free option use tamari instead of soy sauce. Make sure Worcestershire sauce is labeled gluten free.
To make pot in pot rice: Add 2 cups brown rice and 2.5 water to a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot. I used this one with a lid. Then place the pan on a trivet and lower it on top of the chicken. For white rice use 2 cups rice and 3 cups water. For jasmine rice use 2 cups rinsed rice and 2 cups water. If your pan doesn’t have a lid use foil.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.