A dump and go recipe with only 7 ingredients but lots of flavor. Make the chicken, sauce and rice all at the same time in the same pot.
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a bowl whisk together the soy sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire, garlic, dry mustard and pepper. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. (For pot in pot rice see note below)
- When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Place chicken pieces on a platter. Turn Instant Pot to saute mode. Let the sauce simmer and reduce for 5 minutes to intensify flavors (I didn’t stir, I just set a timer and walked away). Turn off saute mode. Add chicken back in with the sauce and stir to coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve chicken and sauce with rice, noodles or broccoli.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
For gluten free option use tamari instead of soy sauce. Make sure Worcestershire sauce is labeled gluten free.
To make pot in pot rice: Add 2 cups brown rice and 2.5 water to a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot. I used this one with a lid. Then place the pan on a trivet and lower it on top of the chicken. For white rice use 2 cups rice and 3 cups water. For jasmine rice use 2 cups rinsed rice and 2 cups water. If your pan doesn’t have a lid use foil.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot