Instant Pot Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans–this one pot meal can be made in minutes. The pork chops and green beans are full of rich buttery herb flavors. Serve as is for a low-carb meal or serve with your favorite starch (potatoes, rice or noodles).
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans
My husband and I love going grocery shopping together. And sometimes my best recipes are from inspiration that we find in the grocery store. Greg picked up a package of pork sirloin boneless pork chops. They were a thick cut, probably an inch. Because I have cooked pork chops in the Instant Pot before I knew that they had a very short pressure cooking time…like 1 minute. So I picked up some green beans to go with the protein since I knew that they would also cook in about a minute. This is one thing that I always like to think through before I create an Instant Pot recipe. I like to pair foods together that have similar pressure cooking times. Otherwise some of the food would be overcooked or undercooked.
To create lots of flavor I seasoned and then browned the pork chops before I pressure cooked them. I like to use the sauté setting to brown meats. While the meat was browning I trimmed off the ends of the green beans and got out my spices. Then I added in some liquid to deglaze the pot and added in the green beans and seasonings. I ended up pressure cooking for just one minute. Then letting the pressure release naturally. The result was juicy pork chops and barely done green beans with lots of flavor.
I cooked all four pork chops in the pressure cooker and because there was a lot of meat we saved one for lunch today. I cut it up into slices and my husband took it to work to serve over salad.
More healthy recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
This one pot meal can be made in minutes. The pork chops and green beans are full of rich buttery herb flavors. Serve as is for a low-carb meal or serve with your favorite starch (potatoes, rice or noodles).
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 thick cut pork sirloin chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter. Swirl the butter around until it is melted. Season one side of the pork chops with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Lay the seasoned side down into the butter. Add as many pork chops as you can without overlapping. While the first side is browning, season the other side of the meat that is facing up. Let the pork chops brown for about 2 minutes on each side. I use tongs to flip them. Once both sides of the pork chops have been browned lay them on a plate.
- Add garlic into the pot and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and deglaze the pot.
- Lay the pork back into the pot. Add in the green beans. Season the green beans with basil, oregano, thyme and onion powder. Toss them a bit with a spoon.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button for 1 minute. When the time is up let the pressure release naturally and remove the lid when the pin drops. My pressure released in only about 4 minutes! Remove the lid and test the pork for doneness. Use an instant read thermometer* to make sure that the internal temp of the pork chops reads at least 140 degrees F.
- Serve pork chops with green beans. Spoon the juices in the Instant Pot over the top of the meat and veggies.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.