This one pot meal can be made in minutes. The pork chops and green beans are full of rich buttery herb flavors. Serve as is for a low-carb meal or serve with your favorite starch (potatoes, rice or noodles).
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 thick cut pork sirloin chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter. Swirl the butter around until it is melted. Season one side of the pork chops with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Lay the seasoned side down into the butter. Add as many pork chops as you can without overlapping. While the first side is browning, season the other side of the meat that is facing up. Let the pork chops brown for about 2 minutes on each side. I use tongs to flip them. Once both sides of the pork chops have been browned lay them on a plate.
- Add garlic into the pot and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and deglaze the pot.
- Lay the pork back into the pot. Add in the green beans. Season the green beans with basil, oregano, thyme and onion powder. Toss them a bit with a spoon.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button for 1 minute. When the time is up let the pressure release naturally and remove the lid when the pin drops. My pressure released in only about 4 minutes! Remove the lid and test the pork for doneness. Use an instant read thermometer* to make sure that the internal temp of the pork chops reads at least 140 degrees F.
- Serve pork chops with green beans. Spoon the juices in the Instant Pot over the top of the meat and veggies.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe can be gluten free. Just make sure you broth doesn’t contain gluten.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Instant Pot