Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans–slow cooked pork chops and green beans are full of rich buttery herb flavors. Serve as is for a low-carb meal or serve with your favorite starch (potatoes, rice or noodles).
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans
My husband and I love going grocery shopping together. And sometimes my best recipes are from inspiration that we find in the grocery store. Greg picked up a package of pork sirloin boneless pork chops. They were a thick cut, probably an inch. I picked up some fresh green beans to go with the protein.
To create lots of flavor I seasoned and then browned the pork chops before I slow cooked them. While the meat was browning I trimmed off the ends of the green beans and got out my spices. I added the pork, beans, and seasonings into the slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours. The result was juicy pork chops and green beans with lots of flavor.
I cooked all four pork chops and because there was a lot of meat we saved one for lunch today. I cut it up into slices and my husband took it to work to serve over salad.
More healthy recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
Slow cooked pork chops and green beans are full of rich buttery herb flavors. Serve as is for a low-carb meal or serve with your favorite starch (potatoes, rice or noodles).
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 thick cut pork sirloin chops
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Heat a large pan on your stove over medium high heat. When the pan is hot add in the butter. Swirl the butter around until it is melted. Season one side of the pork chops with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Lay the seasoned side down into the butter. Add as many pork chops as you can without overlapping. While the first side is browning, season the other side of the meat that is facing up. Let the pork chops brown for about 2 minutes on each side. I use tongs to flip them. Once both sides of the pork chops have been browned lay them on a plate.
- Add garlic into the pan and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chicken broth and deglaze the pan. Pour contents of the pan into the slow cooker.
- Add in the pork and green beans. Season the green beans with basil, oregano, thyme and onion powder. Toss them a bit with a spoon.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 3 hours. Remove the lid and test the pork for doneness. Use an instant read thermometer* to make sure that the internal temp of the pork chops reads at least 140 degrees F.
- Serve pork chops with green beans. Spoon the juices in the slow cooker over the top of the meat and veggies.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
This recipe is gluten free. Just make sure you chicken broth is gluten free.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Garlic Herb Pork Chops and Green Beans? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.