Instant Pot Chopped Chinese Pork Salad–pork loin is cooked until tender in your electric pressure cooker and then tossed with shredded cabbage, cilantro, green onions, cashews, quinoa and a homemade sesame dressing. This is a perfect summer recipe and it can be made ahead of time.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Chopped Chinese Pork Salad
It’s that time of year when fresh produce abounds and eating a colorful diet becomes a bit easier. This Instant Pot Chopped Chinese Pork Salad is a great choice for a summer supper or you can bring it to a potluck or barbecue. It’s a healthy and delicious dish that we all scarfed down at my house! I especially loved the addition of quinoa to the salad as it gave me the feeling that I was eating a rice bowl at an Asian restaurant.
You’ll start this recipe with pork loin roast. I quartered mine and threw it in the Instant Pot along with soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger, brown sugar and Chinese 5 spice powder. I checked my IP manual and it suggested to cook the pork loin for 50 minutes. I was a little surprised that it was so long but it turned out perfectly tender and I’m sure if I had only cooked for 30 minutes it wouldn’t have turned out as well. While the pork is cooking you’ll prepare the quinoa (I have two Instant Pots so I cooked the quinoa in my other pressure cooker). You’ll also chop up all the goods for the salad…cabbage, carrots, green onions, cilantro. And finally prepare the dressing. After you clean up your kitchen the pork should be ready to go and you can toss everything together and enjoy.
More Instant Pot FRESH Recipes
If you like this recipe you may like these others as well…
Instant Pot Savory Pork Burrito Bowls
Instant Pot Steamed Asparagus
Instant Pot Rainbow Panzanella Salad from Healthy Slow Cooking
Instant Pot Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad from What’s Cookin’ Chicago
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Chopped Chinese Pork Salad recipe I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for the pork. I also used my 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker for the quinoa. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
Pork loin is cooked until tender in your electric pressure cooker and then tossed with shredded cabbage, cilantro, green onions, cashews, quinoa and a homemade sesame dressing. This is a perfect summer recipe and it can be made ahead of time.
For the pork:
- 2 lbs pork loin, quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 lb shredded or chopped cabbage (I used 3/4 green cabbage and 1/4 purple cabbage)
- 1 large carrot, grated or chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Tamari sunflower seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
For the dressing
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Make the pork: place the quartered pork in the bottom of the Instant Pot. In a small bowl combine the water, tamari, sesame oil, garlic powder, ginger, Chinese 5 spice powder and brown sugar. Stir until smooth. Pour over the meat. Cover the Instant Pot. Press manual high pressure 50 minutes. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.”
- Prepare salad ingredients: If you aren’t serving right away read below for “if serving later” directions. While the pork is cooking chop up everything for the salad and place in a large bowl. If you need to cook the quinoa, you can do that now on the stove or in a separate pressure cooker.
- Prepare the dressing: Whisk all of the salad dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then gently move valve to “venting.” Remove the lid and shred up the meat and coat with the juices inside the Instant Pot.
- If serving immediately: Toss the pork and the dressing in with the salad and toss until dressing coats the cabbage. Serve. If serving later: you’ll want to keep things separated. Leave the cashews and sunflower seeds out of the cabbage mixture until right before serving. Don’t add in the quinoa or pork until right before serving. When ready to eat, toss everything together with the salad dressing.
For this Instant Pot Chopped Chinese Pork Salad recipe I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for the pork. I also used my 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker for the quinoa. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!
The salad before I added the pork and quinoa…