Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash–chicken cooks in your instant pot at the same time as your spaghetti squash. Then a luscious sauce is stirred together with the chicken and served over the top of the spaghetti squash “noodles.”
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
After discovering that cooking spaghetti squash in my Instant Pot was super fast and easy I wonderred what else could I put in there with the squash to make it a one-pot meal? I settled on making a chicken alfredo sauce to serve over the top of our “noodles.” The kids were happy with that choice, as was I. It’s not often that I make a full fat creamy sauce to serve with pasta just because of the guilt and the bloat that comes with it. However, with this instant pot chicken alfredo spaghetti squash I only felt half of the guilt since the noodles are practically calorie free.
I made a quick one-minute video to show you how easy this recipe is and give you confidence that you can make it too:
More two for one recipes in the Instant Pot
Here are some other recipes that use the Instant Pot to cook 2 things at the same time!
Potato Salad from Pressure Cooking Today
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
Chicken cooks in your instant pot at the same time as your spaghetti squash and then a luscious sauce is stirred together with the chicken and served over the top of the spaghetti squash “noodles.”
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Pour broth into your Instant Pot (IP). Place the cut up chicken cubes into the broth. Place the trivet that came with your IP on top of the chicken.
- Cut the squash in half crosswise. Scoop out all the seeds and gunk on the inside. Place the squash on top of the trivet. Maneuver the squash to let both halves fit inside.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual button and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. When the timer beeps to indicate it is done cooking you can quickly switch the valve to “venting.” Remove the lid and carefully remove the squash and the trivet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, garlic powder and flour. Whisk the mixture into the broth and chicken. Turn the IP to the saute function. Stir often until the sauce is thickened up (about 5 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a fork to shred the flesh of the squash into long spaghetti-like strands. Scoop a portion into a bowl and top with the chicken and sauce. Garnish with parsley and top with Parmesan cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes, plus time to come to pressure
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!