Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad–shredded chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs are cooked at the same time in your Instant Pot and then combined with corn, bacon, green onion, tomatoes and a lemon dill dressing. A fresh and surprisingly filling entree or side dish.
Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad
I came across this avocado chicken salad recipe on Natasha’s Kitchen. It looked so delicious that I put the ingredients on my shopping list and made it immediately after the avocados were ripe.
I changed a few things up from the original recipe but mostly I figured out a way to make the chicken and hard boiled eggs at the same time in the Instant Pot. It worked out so well! This is one of those salads that you can kind of add the amounts that you prefer and the ingredients you like. For example, if you love hard boiled eggs add in an extra one. Or if you’re not a fan of green onions, leave them out. Next time I make this salad I think that I will add in some quinoa and maybe some black beans too.
My whole family died over this instant pot chicken bacon avocado salad. They loved it. We served it as our entire dinner. My husband took the leftovers to work today for lunch (sadly for me). Enjoy the last fresh garden tomatoes you have and make this salad today!
More Instant Pot Recipe You May Like…
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot Brown Rice
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Quinoa
Pressure Cooker Mexican Green Rice
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make this Instant Pot Chicken Bacon Avocado Salad I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
Shredded chicken breasts and hard boiled eggs are cooked at the same time in your Instant Pot and then combined with corn, bacon, green onion, tomatoes and a lemon dill dressing. A fresh and surprisingly filling entree or side dish.
For the salad:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen but thawed will be fine too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or 1 1/2 cups water with 1 1/2 tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 2 cups frozen white sweet corn
- 6 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled (or 3 oz package of real bacon bits)
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 3 small to medium ripe avocados, sliced into bite size pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
For the dressing:
- Juice from one lemon (about 3 Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Pour chicken broth in the bottom of your Instant Pot (IP). If using frozen chicken, place rack in the bottom of IP. Place frozen chicken on top of the rack. If you’re using fresh chicken you don’t need a rack. Just place the chicken in the chicken broth. Place the eggs in a small pyrex or corningware dish and place the dish on top of the chicken.
- Secure the lid on top of the IP. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Press the manual button and adjust the time to 10 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release any more pressure by moving the valve to venting.
- While the chicken is cooking you can prepare your other ingredients (dicing the onion, cooking the bacon, dicing the tomatoes etc). Prepare the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and dill in a small bowl.
- Once pressure is released, remove the lid and carefully remove the eggs. Place the eggs in a bowl filled with ice and water. Let the eggs cool in the ice bath for 5 minutes. When cooled, peel the eggs and chop up the eggs.
- Place the chicken on a cutting board and use a knife and fork to shred or to the cut the chicken into bite-size pieces. Place the chicken in a salad bowl. Add in the avocados, corn, bacon, green onions, hard boiled eggs and tomatoes. Toss together. Drizzle the salad dressing over the top and toss. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by filling out the form below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!