Chicken cooks in your instant pot at the same time as your spaghetti squash and then a luscious sauce is stirred together with the chicken and served over the top of the spaghetti squash “noodles.”
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp flour
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Pour broth into your Instant Pot (IP). Place the cut up chicken cubes into the broth. Place the trivet that came with your IP on top of the chicken.
- Cut the squash in half crosswise. Scoop out all the seeds and gunk on the inside. Place the squash on top of the trivet. Maneuver the squash to let both halves fit inside.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Press the manual button and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes. When the timer beeps to indicate it is done cooking you can quickly switch the valve to “venting.” Remove the lid and carefully remove the squash and the trivet.
- In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, garlic powder and flour. Whisk the mixture into the broth and chicken. Turn the IP to the saute function. Stir often until the sauce is thickened up (about 5 minutes). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a fork to shred the flesh of the squash into long spaghetti-like strands. Scoop a portion into a bowl and top with the chicken and sauce. Garnish with parsley and top with Parmesan cheese.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
- Method: Instant Pot