A low carb egg dish that has bacon, beef, cheddar and pickles. This easy quiche-like dish is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It reminds of the Starbucks egg bites.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (or bacon bits)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce, for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up*. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the beef, bacon, cream, dill pickles and cheddar cheese.
- Spray an oven-safe pan that fits inside of your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray. I used this Fat Daddios pan*. Then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Loosely cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then use a sling/trivet* to lower the pan into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Slice the casserole and top with diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
Recipe adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American