Instant Pot Beef Nachos Casserole—seasoned ground beef, rice, corn, green chilies and tomatoes topped with cheddar and tortilla chips. An easy weeknight meal that tastes great topped with sour cream and jalapenos.
Instant Pot Beef Nachos Casserole
This Instant Pot beef nachos casserole was another weeknight winner! Everyone loved it and the leftovers were packed in my son’s thermal lunchbox today along with a handful of tortilla chips and an avocado. Lucky for him!
Ideas to make this meal even better…
- One of the best ways to eat this is to add a few tamed jalapenos on top (not pictured). Listen! You really need to try the Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers. They have a bit of a kick similar to banana peppers. You can find them next to the pickles. They add a punch to lots of meals. My brother-in-law once made grilled cheese sandwiches with cream cheese and those jalapenos and it was life changing.
- I did have the thought that I should have added a can of drained black or pinto beans to this meal and next time I definitely will.
- Ground turkey or chicken can be used in the place of ground beef with no changes.
- Pump up the flavor even more with a can of fire roasted tomatoes instead of the diced tomatoes. Or you could even add in a cup of salsa instead of the tomatoes.
- For toppings you really could go crazy. Try sliced olives, diced avocados, sour cream, extra cheese, diced fresh tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, etc.
- I used parboiled rice but you can use any type of rice that you like. Just follow the cooking times in the green chart.
More Ground Beef Instant Pot Recipes…
Seasoned ground beef, rice, corn, green chilies and tomatoes topped with cheddar and tortilla chips. An easy weeknight meal that tastes great topped with sour cream and jalapenos.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ¾ cup beef broth or chicken broth
- ½ cup long grain white rice or converted rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14. 5 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups crunched up tortilla chips
- For topping: Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers, sour cream, diced green onions
- Turn Instant pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onion and taco seasoning. Brown ground beef for about 5 minutes. Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Dump tomatoes, corn and green chilies on top of rice. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up, let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting to remove any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir the rice. Sprinkle cheese and chips on top and serve topped with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.