Seasoned ground beef, rice, corn, green chilies and tomatoes topped with cheddar and tortilla chips. An easy weeknight meal that tastes great topped with sour cream and jalapenos.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 Tbsp taco seasoning
- ¾ cup beef broth or chicken broth
- ½ cup long grain white rice or converted rice
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (14. 5 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups crunched up tortilla chips
- For topping: Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers, sour cream, diced green onions
- Turn Instant pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onion and taco seasoning. Brown ground beef for about 5 minutes. Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle in the rice. Dump tomatoes, corn and green chilies on top of rice. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up, let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting to remove any remaining pressure. Remove the lid.
- Stir the rice. Sprinkle cheese and chips on top and serve topped with desired toppings.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot