Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken–a fast and easy dump and go recipe. The saucy chicken can be served in tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, quesadillas or over rice.
Get the Instant Pot version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken
This is one of those dump and go recipes that is perfect when you’re in a hurry. I like how versatile it is too. You can serve the chicken plain, or wrapped up in a tortilla or on top of rice. We loved it served over tortilla chips with sour cream and avocados on top. This recipe can be keto friendly and gluten free too.
More 5-ingredient recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stovetop function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.Print
A fast and easy dump and go recipe. The saucy chicken can be served in tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, quesadillas or over rice.
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 dried oregano
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (I used medium)
- Optional: 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle it with the cumin and oregano. Dump the enchilada sauce on the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hour if thawed and 6 hours if frozen.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Stir it back in with the sauce.
- If you’d like a thicker sauce then mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Turn the slow cooker to high and let the sauce thicken for 10 minutes.
- Serve chicken in tacos, nachos, quesadillas, burritos or over rice.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
To make gluten free: Check your red enchilada sauce to be sure it does not contain wheat. La Victoria and Las Palmas are safe.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: 5 ingredients
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker 5-Ingredient Enchilada Chicken? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.