A fast and easy dump and go recipe. The saucy chicken can be served in tacos, burritos, salads, nachos, quesadillas or over rice.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 ½ pounds chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 (10 oz) can red enchilada sauce (I used medium)
- Optional: 2 Tbsp cornstarch + 2 Tbsp water
- If using fresh chicken add in ½ cup broth, if using frozen chicken use ¼ cup broth. Add in the broth and cumin into the pot. Sprinkle the chicken with cumin and oregano. Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes for frozen chicken or 12 minutes for thawed chicken. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Place chicken on a cutting board and shred or cut into pieces. Stir it back into the sauce. If you want to thicken the sauce turn the Instant Pot to saute mode. Stir the cornstarch and water together in a bowl until smooth and then stir the mixture into the pot. The sauce will thicken fairly quickly.
- Serve chicken in tacos, nachos, quesadillas, burritos or over rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. If you’re trying to eat low-carb eat the chicken plain with some full fat sour cream on top.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 185
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 270 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 32 g
Keywords: gluten free, keto, instant pot, low carb