Slow Cooker Sour Cream Potato Bacon Soup–this crockpot soup has a creamy broth, juicy corn kernels, crispy bacon, grated cheddar, tangy cream cheese and sour cream and mild green onions. It is comfort in a bowl and is an easy dinner recipe that takes just minutes to put together.
Slow Cooker Sour Cream Potato Bacon Soup
Guess what?! This soup is the bomb dot com and you should try it this week. I could drink the broth out of a tumbler. I got my inspiration for this Slow Cooker Sour Cream Potato Bacon Soup from my friend Barbara’s pressure cooker recipe. I feel like this soup has all the good things…bacon, corn, potatoes, cheese, sour cream, cream cheese! What more could you ask for?
I used yellow butter potatoes, which I buy in a big bag from Costco. We love these yellow potatoes at our house because they have a rich, buttery taste. I chose not to peel the potatoes because I like the skins…and I like to make recipes as fast to get going in the crockpot as possible. I also chose to use pre-cooked bacon for the same reason. However, if you want to cook the bacon at your house I recommend baking the bacon in the oven. I also love to use frozen corn instead of canned corn because it just tastes fresher and sweeter to me!
Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipes
Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup–healthier but it still has the creamy consistency
Pepper Jack Potato Soup–this soup has lots of peppers and with the pepper jack cheese it’s got a bit of kick
Mexican Corn Chowder–potatoes and corn with a southwestern flare
And one more from Taste and Tell–Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this recipe I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker. I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
Yields 10 servings
This crockpot soup has a creamy broth, juicy corn kernels, crispy bacon, grated cheddar, tangy cream cheese and sour cream and mild green onions. It is comfort in a bowl and is an easy dinner recipe that takes just minutes to put together.
15 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 15 Total Time
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 cups cubed potatoes (I used yellow potatoes and kept the skins on, if you prefer you can peel the potatoes)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 10 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 cup grated cheddar (I like to use medium or sharp cheddar for more flavor)
- Green onions, for garnish
- Combine onions, potatoes, broth, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large 6 quart slow cooker .
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Turn the slow cooker to high. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and stir into the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream and cornstarch. Stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the corn.
- Crumble the bacon and add it into the slow cooker.
- Add in cheddar. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!