This crockpot soup has a creamy broth, juicy corn kernels, crispy bacon, grated cheddar, tangy cream cheese and sour cream and mild green onions. It is comfort in a bowl and is an easy dinner recipe that takes just minutes to put together.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 10 cups cubed potatoes (I used yellow potatoes and kept the skins on, if you prefer you can peel the potatoes)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 10 slices of bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 cup grated cheddar (I like to use medium or sharp cheddar for more flavor)
- Green onions, for garnish
- Combine onions, potatoes, broth, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large 6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Turn the slow cooker to high. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and stir into the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sour cream and cornstarch. Stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the corn.
- Crumble the bacon and add it into the slow cooker.
- Add in cheddar. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with green onions. Serve and enjoy!