Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage with Peppers, Mushrooms, Orzo and Parmesan
More Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken Parm Soup
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Ravioli
- Slow Cooker Italian Wedding Soup
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this recipe I used my small 3 quart slow cooker.* I love this little slow cooker because it’s super cute and it’s just the perfect size for side dishes, drinks or small meals. It fits into my sink so I can easily hand wash it and it fits in the bottom or top of my dishwasher so I can easily stick it in there to get clean. I try to use this 3 quart slow cooker any time I can.
Loaded with flavor, this meal is not only easy to make but totally satisfying to eat. Make it this week for dinner!
- 1 (12 oz) package smoked sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5) oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice sausage into quarter inch rounds. Add to the slow cooker. Add in the diced bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, onion powder, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Cook the dried orzo on the stove top according to package directions. Drain off the water and stir into the slow cooker. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve.
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-6 quart
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.