Loaded with flavor, this meal is not only easy to make but totally satisfying to eat. Make it this week for dinner!
- 1 (12 oz) package smoked sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14.5) oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup dry orzo
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice sausage into quarter inch rounds. Add to the slow cooker. Add in the diced bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes, minced garlic, basil, onion powder, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or on LOW for 4 hours.
- Cook the dried orzo on the stove top according to package directions. Drain off the water and stir into the slow cooker. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve.
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-6 quart