Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Parm Soup–a creamy tomato soup with tender chunks of chicken, pasta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. All the flavors from chicken parmesan in a bowl!
Get the Instant Pot Chicken Parm Soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Parm Soup
I’m pretty much the biggest fan of tomato soup ever. There’s just something about a creamy soup that has the acidity from tomatoes that bites through and brings so much flavor. There’s also the dipping that happens with tomato soup. Dipping grilled cheese into tomato soup is my absolute favorite.
This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Parm Soup is like dinner in a bowl. It has the tomato base but it also has a lot of heartiness thanks to the chicken and pasta and cheese. We served ours with a toasted buttered baguette. It helped with the crispiness factor since chicken parm usually has that breaded crust over the chicken. Your whole family will love this soup!
A few notes about the recipe:
Pasta: the pasta will get more and more bloated as the soup sits. If there are leftovers it will suck up all the liquid. If this bothers you then you can cook the pasta until al dente on the stove top and then add a little pasta into each bowl of soup and store it separately in the refrigerator for the leftovers. I choose to throw the pasta into the crockpot uncooked with everything else. It helps to thicken the soup and I don’t mind the pasta getting a little bloated.
Crushed tomatoes: I love using crushed tomatoes in this soup because they give the soup body and flavor. Crushed tomatoes aren’t chunky like diced tomatoes so kids will like them better too. No need to puree your soup when you use crushed tomatoes.
More slow cooker soup recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Parm Soup I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
A creamy tomato soup with tender chunks of chicken, pasta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. All the flavors from chicken parmesan in a bowl!
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 ½ pounds uncooked chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 ¼ cups dry cavatappi pasta (or similar pasta)
- 1 cup half and half, warm
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Optional: a buttered baguette or garlic toast for dipping
- Heat a pan on the stove. Melt the butter over medium high heat and saute the onion for 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Scrape the contents of the pan into the slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, chicken, italian seasoning, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and pasta. Stir a bit.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours. Check chicken and pasta for doneness.
- Stir in the warm half and half and cheeses.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with toasted garlic toast.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.