Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Soup—if you’re a fan of all the meats you’re going to love this hearty soup. With meatballs, smoked sausage, brats, bacon, pepperoni and ground beef there is literally meat in every single bite. If you have a carnivore in your life they will love this dinner!
Get the INSTANT POT meat lovers soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Soup
When you order a pizza are you the type who goes for the meat lovers pizza? You know the one with sausage and pepperoni and Canadian bacon and all the meats? That is my husband to a T. He loves that kind of stuff. I, on the other hand, usually order a pizza with tomatoes and mushrooms. Or maybe the margherita pizza with basil and tomatoes.
I’m not the type of girl who has to have meat at every meal. So you know who in our family came up with the idea for this Instant Pot meat lovers soup recipe! Ha ha!! And that guy couldn’t have been happier with the results. He said to me, “this is literally the best soup I’ve ever had.” And my son’s friends said the same thing.
I must admit it was pretty tasty. Although I chose to just have a small cup of soup and then wash it down with a spinach smoothie 🙂
If you’re having the guys over for dinner this is the recipe to make. They’re going to love the plentiful abundance of meat. The flavor is all there.
More slow cooker soups you’ll love…
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Soup I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.Print
Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Soup
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4-6 hours
- Total Time: 50 minute
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
If you’re a fan of all the meats you’re going to love this hearty soup. With meatballs, smoked sausage, brats, bacon, pepperoni and ground beef there is literally meat in every single bite. If you have a carnivore in your life they will love this dinner!
- 1 package bratwurst sausage (5 brats)
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp chicken better than bouillon base)
- 1 pound frozen Italian style meatballs
- 1 (12 oz) package smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 of a 5 ounce package of pepperoni
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 10 Tbsp crumbled bacon, for each individual serving
- In a pan over medium heat brown your brats on each side for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the ground beef, onion and garlic powder into the pan. Break up the meat and saute for about 5 minutes until beef is browned and the onions are soft. Add to slow cooker.
- Stir in the brown sugar, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, meatballs, smoked sausage and the pepperonis. Add in the brats (whole).
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Use tongs to remove the brats. Slice them into ½ inch slices and add them back into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl whisk 1 tablespoon of flour at a time into the warm milk. Make sure there are no lumps and that it is smooth.
- Turn your slow cooker to high. Add in the milk/flour mixture. Stir it in for a few minutes. Let the soup thicken for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a tablespoon of crumbled bacon
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Meat Lovers Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Hey can you add cabbage ?
Hi, I was going to attempt to make this but had a few questions. In step 1, are we cooking the brats until done, or just browning them and letting the crockpot finish cooking them? In step 2, are we cooking the ground beef until down, or just browning it and letting the crockpot finish cooking it?
Just browning them and letting crockpot finish and just browning it 🙂