Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup–A creamy tortellini soup with chicken, vegetables and parmesan cheese. If you love chicken alfredo you’ll love this soup!
Get the Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup
I know I say this a lot but this is my new favorite soup! For reals. I can see me making this soup many times in the future for company, neighbors and potlucks. It is a crowd pleaser! My whole family loved this soup and we were happy I made a big batch so we could have leftovers the next day.
A few notes:
Can I halve the recipe? The recipe as it is written makes a lot! However if you’re wanting to serve a smaller group you can easily halve the recipe. Just halve all the ingredients and adjust your cooking time down an hour.
Chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts. You can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. If you want to use cooked chicken you can. You can add it in at the beginning and adjust the cooking time down an hour.
Frozen Tortellini. I usually find the frozen tortellini by the frozen breads. I like frozen tortellini because it stays good in my freezer until I’m ready to use it. I haven’t tried this recipe with fresh tortellini yet. If you use fresh tortellini the cooking time for the tortellini will be a little bit longer than the frozen. I haven’t tried dried tortellini with this recipe and I probably won’t ever. I don’t like the aftertaste of dried tortellini.
Kale. I like kale for this soup because it holds up well and adds a bright pop of green. If you don’t like kale you can also use spinach. One other thought I had was using a bag of frozen broccoli and adding it in with the frozen tortellini. Yum!
Half and Half. Half and half is a dairy product that is found next to the milk and cream at the grocery store. It is half cream and half whole milk. You can also use whole milk for this recipe.
More slow cooker soup recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker. It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
A creamy tortellini soup with chicken, vegetables and parmesan cheese. If you love chicken alfredo you’ll love this soup!
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 cup grated/shredded parmesan cheese
- 5 large kale leaves, washed and coarsely chopped (discard the stem)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion, garlic, chicken broth, carrots, celery, salt, pepper and chicken into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (6 hours for thawed chicken and 8 hours for frozen chicken).
- Remove the lid and use tongs to place chicken on a cutting board. Cut the chicken into pieces or shred it and add it back into the slow cooker.
- Turn your slow cooker to high. Warm the half and half (I just do this in the microwave for 1 minute). Whisk the flour a tablespoon at a time into the half and half until it is a smooth mixture. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Let the soup thicken with the flour mixture for about 10 minutes.
- Add in the tortellini, parmesan and kale. Tortellini will cook in about 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
An optional step is to saute the onion and garlic before adding it into the slow cooker. This will make a better flavored soup.
You can easily halve this recipe. Cut all the ingredients in half and cut the cooking time down by 1 hour.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10 of the recipe
- Calories: 413
- Sugar: 4 g
- Sodium: 1216 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 38 g
- Cholesterol: 104 mg
Keywords: slow cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Tortellini Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.