Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup–an easy, healthy and delicious soup with ground beef (or turkey) and vegetables. A perfect soup to make on a winter day. The leftovers are a great lunch the next day too!
Get the INSTANT POT vegetable beef soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup
Today is just a day that calls for soup. It’s been snowing all morning here and I really don’t want to leave the house.
If you’re trying to get away from the creamy soups and perhaps eat a little lighter this slow cooker vegetable beef soup is a great choice. It fills you up and satisfies without a ton of calories.
I just ate some of the leftovers for lunch and it was even better the next day. Now I’m wishing I would have doubled the recipe!
This recipe can easily be made gluten free. And you can use ground beef or ground turkey…it’s up to you. If you have a bag of frozen veggies throw them in too. It’s a really versatile recipe.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.Print
An easy, healthy and delicious soup with ground beef (or turkey) and vegetables. A perfect soup to make on a winter day. The leftovers are a great lunch the next day too!
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 medium Russet potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- 3 ribs of celery, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the ground beef (or turkey) and break it up*. Add in the onion. Add in the salt, garlic powder, pepper, parsley and oregano. Stir in the spices. Brown the beef. If there is any excess grease spoon it off or drain it with a colander. Add the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add in the broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, potatoes, celery, carrots and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.