If you’re a fan of all the meats you’re going to love this hearty soup. With meatballs, smoked sausage, brats, bacon, pepperoni and ground beef there is literally meat in every single bite. If you have a carnivore in your life they will love this dinner!
- 1 package bratwurst sausage (5 brats)
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp chicken better than bouillon base)
- 1 pound frozen Italian style meatballs
- 1 (12 oz) package smoked sausage, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 of a 5 ounce package of pepperoni
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 10 Tbsp crumbled bacon, for each individual serving
- In a pan over medium heat brown your brats on each side for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a plate.
- Add the ground beef, onion and garlic powder into the pan. Break up the meat and saute for about 5 minutes until beef is browned and the onions are soft. Add to slow cooker.
- Stir in the brown sugar, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, meatballs, smoked sausage and the pepperonis. Add in the brats (whole).
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Use tongs to remove the brats. Slice them into ½ inch slices and add them back into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl whisk 1 tablespoon of flour at a time into the warm milk. Make sure there are no lumps and that it is smooth.
- Turn your slow cooker to high. Add in the milk/flour mixture. Stir it in for a few minutes. Let the soup thicken for about 15 minutes.
- Add in the parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a tablespoon of crumbled bacon
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker