Instant Pot Meat Lovers Soup—if you’re a fan of all the meats you’re going to love this hearty soup. With meatballs, smoked sausage, brats, bacon, pepperoni and ground beef there is literally meat in every single bite. If you have a carnivore in your life they will love this dinner!
Get the SLOW COOKER meat lovers soup recipe here
Instant Pot Meat Lovers Soup
When you order a pizza are you the type who goes for the meat lovers pizza? You know the one with sausage and pepperoni and Canadian bacon and all the meats? That is my husband to a T. He loves that kind of stuff. I, on the other hand, usually order a pizza with tomatoes and mushrooms. Or maybe the margherita pizza with basil and tomatoes.
I’m not the type of girl who has to have meat at every meal. So you know who in our family came up with the idea for this Instant Pot meat lovers soup recipe! Ha ha!! And that guy couldn’t have been happier with the results. He said to me, “this is literally the best soup I’ve ever had.” And my son’s friends said the same thing.
I must admit it was pretty tasty. Although I chose to just have a small cup of soup and then wash it down with a spinach smoothie 🙂
If you’re having the guys over for dinner this is the recipe to make. They’re going to love the plentiful abundance of meat. The flavor is all there.
More Instant Pot soups you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Meat Lovers Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
If you’re a fan of all the meats you’re going to love this hearty soup. With meatballs, smoked sausage, brats, bacon, pepperoni and ground beef there is literally meat in every single bite. If you have a carnivore in your life they will love this dinner!
- 1 package bratwurst sausage (5 brats)
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp chicken better than bouillon base)
- 1 pound frozen Italian style meatballs
- 1 (12 oz) package smoked sausage, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- ½ of a 5 ounce package of pepperoni
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 10 Tbsp crumbled bacon, for each individual serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the brats and brown on each side for 5 minutes. Remove from the pot and place on a plate.
- Add the ground beef, onion and garlic powder into the pot. Break up the meat and saute for about 5 minutes until beef is browned and the onions are soft.
- Stir in the brown sugar, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, meatballs, smoked sausage and the pepperonis. Add in the brats (whole).
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 10 minutes (if you don’t have a soup button just use the manual/pressure cook button). Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes (display will say L0:10) and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the brats. Slice them into ½ inch slices and add them back into the pot.
- In a bowl whisk 1 tablespoon of flour at a time into the warm milk. Make sure there are no lumps and that it is smooth.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add in the milk/flour mixture. Stir it in for a few minutes. The soup will thicken fairly quickly.
- Add in the parmesan cheese.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with a tablespoon of crumbled bacon
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Meat Lovers Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.