Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken—sweet and spicy tender pieces of saucy chicken made in your slow cooker.
Get the INSTANT POT Firecracker Chicken recipe here
Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken
The Fourth of July is in just two days and what would be better to celebrate than firecracker chicken? This chicken is a little spicy thanks to the Sriracha sauce. But it’s not anything too crazy. I could totally handle it fine and I’m kind of a wimp. If you want it more spicy you can always add more Sriracha. If you’re scared of any spiciness then you can cut the Sriracha down to 3 tablespoons. It also has the perfect hint of sweetness.
For this particular recipe I really love the boneless chicken thighs. They come out so tender that you can easily cut them with a fork. I also think that bone-in chicken thighs or legs would be fantastic. I haven’t tried chicken breasts for this recipe but I think they would be just okay. Not as tender. If you end up trying it with chicken breasts let me know what you think.
More Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Firecracker Chicken I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
Sweet and spicy tender pieces of saucy chicken made in your slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp cold water
- Place your chicken in the slow cooker.
- In a bowl stir together the sriracha, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic. Pour it over the top of the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Place chicken on a platter. Then stir together the cornstarch and cold water and add it into the slow cooker with the sauce. Turn the slow cooker to high and let the sauce thicken for a few minutes.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.