Slow Cooker Fiesta Lime Chicken—shredded chicken with a creamy, flavorful sauce that’s made in your slow cooker. An easy dinner for any night of the week.
Get the INSTANT POT fiesta lime chicken recipe here
Slow Cooker Fiesta Lime Chicken
I’ve been making the sauce that goes on this chicken for many years. I like to spoon it over grilled chicken in the summer. I also like to eat it as a chip dip. It is seriously so scrumptious. This time I stirred the sauce into shredded chicken so the chicken would be coated completely with flavor. It worked perfect. My family was mad that there weren’t any leftovers.
This Slow Cooker Fiesta Lime Chicken could be good served in many ways. You could eat in on a toasted bun or over rice. And if you’re trying to eat low carb you could wrap it up in lettuce or serve it over salad.
More recipes you’ll love…I
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Fiesta Lime Chicken I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
Shredded chicken with a creamy, flavorful sauce that’s made in your slow cooker. An easy dinner for any night of the week.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/8 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- Pour chicken broth into slow cooker. Add in the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours for thawed chicken and 5-6 hours for frozen chicken.
- Remove the chicken and discard the broth. Shred the chicken and add it back into the slow cooker.
- In a bowl stir together the mayo, sour cream, picante sauce, cajun seasoning, parsley, dill and cumin. Stir the sauce into the chicken.
- Squeeze one lime wedge over each serving of chicken. You can serve this chicken over rice, on buns or in lettuce wraps.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.