Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken—shredded chicken with a creamy, flavorful sauce that’s made quickly in your Instant Pot. And you can make rice at the same time in the same pot to serve with the chicken. An easy dinner for any night of the week.
Get the SLOW COOKER fiesta lime chicken recipe here
Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken
I’ve been making the sauce that goes on this chicken for many years. I like to spoon it over grilled chicken in the summer. I also like to eat it as a chip dip. It is seriously so scrumptious. This time I stirred the sauce into shredded chicken so the chicken would be coated completely with flavor. It worked perfect. My family was mad that there weren’t any leftovers.
We chose to make the pot in pot rice to go with this chicken. This Instant Pot fiesta lime chicken could be good served in many ways. You could eat in on a toasted bun. And if you’re trying to eat low carb you could wrap it up in lettuce or serve it over salad.
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Fiesta Lime Chicken I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Shredded chicken with a creamy, flavorful sauce that’s made quickly in your Instant Pot. And you can make rice at the same time in the same pot to serve with the chicken. An easy dinner for any night of the week.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
- (Optional) 1 cup uncooked white rice or jasmine rice
- (Optional) 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup picante sauce or salsa
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ⅛ tsp dried dill weed
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- Chicken: Pour the broth into your Instant Pot. Add your chicken to the pot in an even layer.
- Optional Rice: If making rice use the pot in pot method. Use a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot*. Pour 1 cup uncooked rice in the pan and then pour in 1 ½ cups water. You can make more rice than this if you’d like. Just use a 1 to 1 ½ ratio of rice to water. Place a trivet (I used this trivet sling*) on top of the chicken and place the rice pan on top of the chicken. You’ll want it as even as possible so the rice cooks evenly.
- Pressure Cook: Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes for thawed chicken or 15 minutes for frozen chicken. When the time is up let the pot sit for another 5 minutes (display will read L0:05). Then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Remove the rice pan and set aside. Use tongs to place chicken on a cutting board. Discard the broth. Shred or cut the chicken up. Then add it back into the pot.
- Make the Sauce: In a bowl stir together the mayo, sour cream, picante sauce, cajun seasoning, parsley, dill and cumin. Stir the sauce into the chicken.
- Serve: Serve the chicken over rice. Squeeze one lime wedge over each serving of chicken. You can also serve this chicken on buns or in lettuce wraps.
To make gluten free: Make sure your chicken broth has no gluten in it. Check the label. I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also use a 3 quart or 8 quart Instant Pot for this recipe. The 3 quart won’t be able to make the pot in pot rice.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.