Slow Cooker Dijon Chicken—tender bites of bone-in chicken thighs and mushrooms are covered in a dijon, lemon and tarragon sauce.
Get the INSTANT POT Dijon Chicken recipe here
Slow Cooker Dijon Chicken
After making my Greek Chicken I was inspired to cook bone-in chicken thighs again. Bone-in chicken just turns out so well in the crockpot. I loved the tang and bold taste of these mustard lemon and tarragon chicken thighs and sauce. I served this chicken over rice but I also think it would be tasty over mashed potatoes. If you’re trying to cut down on carbs then you can use cauliflower rice or just eat the chicken plain and serve with a side salad.
What if I want to use boneless skinless chicken breasts? I don’t love chicken breasts for recipes like this but you can try it if you want! This is what I would do. Follow the recipe as written except use a 4 hour cooking time for chicken breasts.
What if I don’t like mushrooms? Just leave them out, no other changes are necessary.
More Chicken Recipes You’ll Love…
What Equipment Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Dijon Chicken I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
Tender bites of bone-in chicken thighs and mushrooms are covered in a dijon, lemon and tarragon sauce.
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8–10 bone-in chicken thighs
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp water (optional)
- In a bowl whisk together the broth, oil, mustard, lemon juice, lime juice, garlic, tarragon, pepper and salt.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and dump the lemon juice mixture over the top. Then add in the mushrooms, if using.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours. (All slow cookers cook differently so yours may be faster or slower). Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place chicken, skin side up, on a baking sheet. Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until skin crisps up.
- In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. Turn slow cooker to high and let the juices thicken.
- Serve chicken and sauce. Enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.