Slow Cooker Greek Chicken and Potatoes—with loads of flavor this chicken and potatoes dish will quickly become a family favorite at your house. It has the perfect amount of seasoning and lemon flavor.
Get the INSTANT POT Greek Chicken and Potatoes recipe here
Slow Cooker Greek Chicken and Potatoes
I made this recipe on Saturday and my whole family hovered around me like vultures when I was finishing up. Once I was done, we all devoured the chicken and potatoes and agreed that this dinner is a winner. There is just the perfect amount of lemon-y flavor and seasonings.
If you’re like me and love a little crispiness to your chicken skin you can use your oven’s broiler. Alternately you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I don’t necessarily recommend boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. You can use bone-in chicken breasts. Boneless chicken breasts won’t come out as succulent and tender as bone-in chicken.
More Crockpot Chicken Recipes You’ll Love…
What Equipment Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Greek Chicken and Potatoes I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
With loads of flavor this chicken and potatoes dish will quickly become a family favorite at your house. It has the perfect amount of seasoning and lemon flavor.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 ½ pounds yellow potatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 8–12 bone-in chicken thighs
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano and parsley.
- Cut your potatoes into quarters. My potatoes were not small and not large.
- Pour the chicken broth into the slow cooker. Place chicken thighs into the slow cooker. Arrange them in a single layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour half of the lemon juice mixture over the chicken.
- Layer the potatoes on top of the chicken. Pour the other half of the lemon juice mixture over the potatoes.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours, or until chicken and potatoes are tender and cooked through. Remove the lid.
- Remove the potatoes from the pot and place in a serving dish. Use tongs to carefully place chicken on the platter. Pour the juices into a container to use later.
- Optional browning step: Use your oven’s broiler to brown the chicken skin. Place the chicken on a sheet pan and place under the broiler for a few minutes until the skin crisps up. Watch it closely as it browns fairly fast.
- Serve the chicken and potatoes. Drizzle some of the reserved juices over the potatoes and chicken for extra flavor. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Trying to eat low carb? You can make this dish without the potatoes. Just halve the olive oil through the parsley ingredients. Keep the cooking time the same.
This recipe is gluten free, just make sure to check the chicken broth label.
You can use boneless skinless thighs if you prefer. Keep the same cooking time.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Greek
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.