Slow Cooker Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup is a creamy soup with ground beef, spinach, carrots and cheesy tortellini.
Get the Instant Pot Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup recipe here
Slow Cooker Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup
I brought this soup to my son’s school the other day because the PTA was feeding the teachers during the week of parent-teacher conferences. I almost got accosted by two of the teachers who were so excited to eat it. It was hilarious! Luckily I had saved a few portions of the soup for my own family who were equally as excited to eat it. It was seriously delicious!!! You should make it this week.
A few recipe notes:
Tortellini: I buy frozen cheese tortellini in the frozen foods section of the grocery store. At Smith’s, Winco and Walmart the frozen tortellini is kept next to the frozen breads. A random spot, but yeah, it’s there.
Beef Broth: I used 4 cups of water and added in 4 tsp of Better Than Bouillon Beef Base. I buy the big container of Better than Bouillon at Costco because I use it so often.
Half and Half: half and half is found in the dairy aisle. It’s a mix of cream and whole milk. You can also use heavy cream for this recipe. If you’re in a pinch you could even use milk. It won’t be as creamy and luscious but it’ll work.S
More Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
See all my soup recipes HERE
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stovetop function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.Print
A creamy soup with ground beef, spinach, carrots and cheesy tortellini.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 carrots, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 4 cups beef broth
- 10 ounces frozen cheese tortellini (or fresh)
- 2 cups half and half, warmed
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach or kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan on your stove over medium high heat. Add in the beef and onion. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease spoon it off or drain it with a colander. Add in the spices (garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper) and stir them into the beef. Transfer the beef to the slow cooker.
- Add in the carrots, celery and broth. Stir a little.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to high. Remove the lid. Add in your tortellini. Usually if the liquid is boiling it only takes 2 minutes for frozen tortellini to cook (for fresh it will take longer).
- Stir your cornstarch into your warmed half and half until it is smooth and creamy. Stir the mixture into the slow cooker. The cornstarch will help thicken the soup in a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Taste test and then add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Slow Cooker Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.