Instant Pot Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup is a creamy soup with ground beef, spinach, carrots and cheesy tortellini. Make it all in one pot and in just a few minutes with your electric pressure cooker.
Get the SLOW COOKER Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup recipe here
Instant Pot Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup
I brought this soup to my son’s school the other day because the PTA was feeding the teachers during the week of parent-teacher conferences. I almost got accosted by two of the teachers who were so excited to eat it. It was hilarious! Luckily I had saved a few portions of the soup for my own family who were equally as excited to eat it. It was seriously delicious!!! You should make it this week.
A few recipe notes:
Tortellini: I buy frozen cheese tortellini in the frozen foods section of the grocery store. At Smith’s, Winco and Walmart the frozen tortellini is kept next to the frozen breads. A random spot, but yeah, it’s there.
Beef Broth: I used 4 cups of water and added in 4 tsp of Better Than Bouillon Beef Base. I buy the big container of Better than Bouillon at Costco because I use it so often.
Half and Half: half and half is found in the dairy aisle. It’s a mix of cream and whole milk. You can also use heavy cream for this recipe. If you’re in a pinch you could even use milk. It won’t be as creamy and luscious but it’ll work.
Soup Button: I almost always use the manual/pressure cook button but after I read this article I decided that the soup button would be a good choice. Don’t worry if you’re electric pressure cooker doesn’t have the soup button you can just use the manual/pressure cook button.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
See all my soup recipes HERE
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A creamy soup with ground beef, spinach, carrots and cheesy tortellini. Make it all in one pot and in just a few minutes with your electric pressure cooker.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 carrots, sliced into ½ inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 4 cups beef broth
- 10 ounces frozen cheese tortellini (or fresh)
- 2 cups half and half, warmed
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach or kale
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef and onion. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease spoon it off or drain it with a colander. Add in the spices (garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper) and stir them into the beef. Add in the carrots, celery and broth. Stir a little.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the soup button to 5 minutes (or the manual/pressure cook button). When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes (display will say L0:05) and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid. Press the cancel button and then press the saute button. Add in your tortellini. Usually if the liquid is boiling it only takes 2 minutes for frozen tortellini to cook (for fresh it will take longer).
- Stir your cornstarch into your warmed half and half until it is smooth and creamy. Stir the mixture into the Instant Pot. The cornstarch will help thicken the soup in a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Taste test and then add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Creamy Hamburger Tortellini Soup? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.